Last night as The Met Ball - the biggest event on the fashion calendar. Vogue described last night's event as:
"Following last year's sojourn into the world of couturier Charles James, this year's Met Ball saw its star guests make a typically glamorous return to the Metropolitan Museum of Art's red carpet. With the museum celebrating the opening of its new exhibition China: Through the Looking Glass, many paid tribute to the theme showcasing a number of Chinese designers as well as intricate creations from the world's most famous fashion houses. Florals, jumpsuits and daring barely-there gowns were the order of the evening, while a number of designers stood out as the night's favourites: Stella McCartney, Prada and Calvin Klein Collection among them."
Rihanna took up most of the red carpet in an incredible yellow gown that featured lots of embroidery and a fur trim.
Co-host Jennifer Lawrence was one of my best dressed from the evening in a stunning column gown that featured an oriental flower print and cut-out sections.
Beyonce wore a VERY revealing dress!
As did Kim Kardashian...
and Jennifer Lopez.
I imagine so many people chose dresses with sheer panels because of the them China: Through The Looking Glass. Their dress were see-through like the looking glass.
Amal Clooney was another of my favourites from the night in her stunning tiered red gown.
Kendall Jenner's Calvin Klein gown tied up the sides with tassels down the sides. I loved the embellishment!
Sienna Miller wore an amazing embellished red tuxedo.
Anne Hathaway wore an unusual hooded gown by Ralph Lauren. I wasn't keen on the hood but I love the rest of it!
Hannah Bagshawe, Eddie Redmayne's wife, looked incredible in Valentino - again one of my favourite looks of the evening.
Emily Blunt was another of my faves in an embellished Prada gown.
Helen Mirren flew the flag the older generation in Dolce & Gabanna and looked incredible.
Sarah Jessica Parker turned heads, literally, with her unusual headdress by Phillip Treacy.
And finally the host of the evening - Anna Wintour, and her daughter - who both looked incredible!
Although I am very unlikely to ever have the chance to attend the Met Ball! I thought it might be fun to consider what I would have worn. This year I would have chosen the Jenny Packham Embellished Sleeveless Illusion Gown. This is because it has the sheer top for "through the looking glass" and the red is the national colour of China. I would team this with red jewels such as the Annoushka Shard Bracelet and Annoushka Drop Earrings.
What do you think??















No comments:
Post a Comment