This month we have seen two of the most glamour awards ceremonies of the year - the BAFTA's which are held in London, and the Oscars, which are held in Los Angeles. But, what I want to know is who dresses best where. Did the actresses pull out their most glamorous gowns for London or LA...
Keira Knightly...
I love Keira's style and think she has had one of the most well-dressed pregnancies I've ever seen and her dresses for these events were no different. For the BAFTA's she chose a 3/4 length dress in black and white, which was elegant but quite subdued. For the Oscars she chose a full length floaty dress by Valentino. So... for this actress the Oscars got her most glamorous look - thats one vote for LA.
Felicity Jones...
Again, I really like Felicity's style, although it differs greatly from Keira's. Felicity quite often takes more risks which her fashion choices and 9 times out of 10 they pay off! For the BAFTA's she chose a black and blush gown which although pictures don't do it justice, when I saw it on the television it looked amazing on her! For the Oscars she chose another gown this time in a silver shade and with a much fuller skirt. She also chose up-do's for both events. Felicity chose very similar looks for both awards ceremony, which I think shows that she thought they were both equally deserving of pulling out the glamour-stops! Thats one vote each from Felicity!
Rosamund Pike...
Rosamund Pike always looks the picture of elegance, and lets face it she would look amazing in pretty much anything! I also can't over the fact that she had a baby only a few months ago!! For the BAFTA's she chose a beautiful full length red lace and satin strapless dress which a daring thigh-high split in the front. She wore her hair in an elegant up-do. For the Oscars she let her hair down in loose waves and chose a much more subdued black gown with halter-neck detail. Rosamund definitely chose the BAFTA's to wear her more glamorous look - one vote for London!
Reese Witherspoon...
Reese Witherspoon chose two very contrasting dresses for the awards. For the BAFTA's she chose a purple number with a very low cut front and wore her hair in loose waves around her face. For the Oscars she chose a much more elegant dress in black and white, which was off-the-shoulder and accentuated her amazing figure. She wore her hair in a much sleeker wave and chose stunning diamond earrings. Overall I think she chose a much more elegant and glamorous look for the Oscars!
Julianne Moore...
Julianna won the Best Actress at both of these award ceremonies for her role in "Still Alice", so it was essential that she looked incredible when she went on stage to accept and thankfully she did! For the BAFTA's she wore a very revealing red gown with a split and a cut out bodice section. For the Oscars she wore a strapless white gown with embellished detail. Again, a very hard one to judge, but going on the hairstyle and jewellery chosen to accompany each dress I would say that she chose her most glamorous outfit for the Oscars - that's another point to LA!
Hannah Bagshawe...
Now, the name may or may not ring a bell because Hannah isn't an actress, she is actually the very lucky lady who has married Eddie Redmayne, but from now on she is going to be a firm fixture at the awards ceremonies, so I thought she deserved to be included. I also thought that it would offer some perspective on the vote - a non-actress and which she thinks is the event for the most glamorous gowns. For the BAFTA's she wore a full length Valentino, which was heavily embellished tulle and looked incredible. Possibly my favourite gown of the night! But then she turned up at the Oscars in a black gown with feather and beading and metal and, basically, lots of detail! Fair to say she'd pulled out two very beautiful gowns. It's a tough one here, but I think the overall look, taking into account the hair and jewellery, I would say that for Hannah London got the glamour - but that's what I like to say, a British girl giving her country the very best in fashion!
So, I've had my say and looking at some of the best dressed of the night it is a close one to which award ceremony gets the most glamour...but....
the Oscars get it by one vote! It was very close and although I secretly wanted it to be the BAFTA's (I'm a British girl at heart) I can't help but deny that the Oscars had some knock-out looks. It looks like we'll have to wait till next year now to see if the same happens again.
Who did you think was the best dressed event - London or LA??






No comments:
Post a Comment